Are you a capable Maintenance Supervisor, an experienced Technician with good organization and administration skills, or a Director/Property Manager with strong experience working with maintenance and procurement? We are looking for a Project Manager of Facilities/Maintenance to work alongside our Maintenance Supervisor and team of Technicians and Cleaners.
We are a small and growing innovative property management company self-managing a portfolio of multi-family buildings in Boston. Our company values honesty, integrity, ethical behavior, teamwork, collaboration, delivering on commitments, initiative, being proactive, and delivering high quality work.
Your ability to show leadership in maintaining quality and customer service while managing operational efficiencies within budgeted financial goals is critical. We offer a truly great place to work with a focus on accountability, communication, and teamwork. Our people, standards, rewards, incentives, and culture are outstanding. You will have a very competitive salary along with great benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays and more! You will have a generous quarterly Performance Plan Incentive. Salary commensurate with experience.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
– Provide expected and unexpected quality service to residents while maintaining the company’s investments.
– Work in partnership with the Maintenance Supervisor during emergencies and routine communication with vendors and residents.
– Work with the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager on personnel issues including hiring.
– Responsible for vendor and contract management: drafting scope of work, reviewing bids, managing vendor schedules, signing off on completion and quality of completed work.
– Create preventative maintenance schedule and assure that it is being followed over time.
– Review and approve invoices and expenses to assure responsible spending by the Maintenance team.
– Regularly inspect all aspects of properties: grounds, building, vacant apartments, fire alarms, etc. as part of preventive maintenance and maintaining curb appeal. Responsible for managing appropriate follow up and tracking.
– Work with Property Manager to oversee capital improvement projects.
– Schedule and manage unit inspections with assistance from other staff.
– Manage housing authority inspection schedule including work orders as needed for re-inspections.
– Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and excellent organizational skills;
– Must have proven experience with preventative maintenance schedules and working with vendors;
– Experience using maintenance/property management software, Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook;
– Ability to work independently and with a team;
– A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.